This one will be a weeknight staple. Pasta can be a balanced meal when you pack in the veggies! Mushrooms, tomatoes, and lots of greens make this one a stunner.
- 8 ounce whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup Dream Greens Kale Pesto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Dream Greens baby arugula
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Cook pasta of choice al dente (pictured above is whole wheat linguini). Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan set to medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, heating for 2-3 mins.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
4. Set heat to low and add cherry tomatoes, sauteing for 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add baby arugula, mixing until all components are even in the skillet.
6. In a separate bowl, mix warm pasta with kale pesto until pesto is evenly spread throughout the noodles.
7. Fold in sauteed vegetable mixture into the warm pasta, mixing until even.
8. Top with fresh arugula leaves and parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!