Dream Greens on ABC’s The Chew
Last week, ABC’s The Chew featured the story of AeroFarms, the sustainable farming company behind Dream Greens, as part of their “Be Your Best Week.”
The Dream Team had the privilege of hosting The Chew team at our global headquarters and the site of the world’s largest indoor vertical farm in Newark, NJ for a behind-the-scenes look at how we grow our delicious local greens. They then visited our partners over at Philip’s Academy Charter School, where students have a small AeroFarms unit, and have been growing fresh leafy greens right in their dining hall for seven years. You can watch the segment of full episode on ABC The Chew’s website.
After harvesting fresh greens, the Philip’s Academy students were taught a new healthy recipe, a whole wheat penne pasta dish featuring our peppery arugula. And the best part is that you can make it too! For full recipe and instructions, simply scroll down.
Whole Wheat Penne with Summer Squash and Arugula
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 3 medium summer squash (rinsed, cut into half-moon slices)
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups Dream Greens arugula (roughly chopped)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (grated, to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium high-heat, warm the olive oil and add the garlic. Saute until softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the summer squash and season with salt. Cook until tender and beginning to break down, about 8 – 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop the penne into the boiling pot of water and cook 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Remove pasta, along with 1/4 cup of pasta water to the saute pan and toss to combine. Add arugula and toss.
- Serve warm, topped with some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and enjoy!